Thursday, April 5, 2012

How to magnetize Baal Predator

Fairly long time ago I bought a small force of blood angels and I also picked up a Predator. I just couldn't make up my mind on which weapons to mount it with, so I magnetized the whole thing.

Long story short: a picture is worth a thousand words, so heres two:

Baal Predator Assembled:


And here's the same tank in parts:


As you can see I assembled the hull entirely and added rare earth magnets into each of the parts. For both sides of the tank I needed to put a small amount of greenstuff to raise the magnet, so it would attach securely to the side sponsons.
Other than that it was fairly straightforward, just drill some holes and slot the magnets in as usual. Just make sure you get the positive/negatives right.
Took me a while to do, but in the end I think it was worth it as this allowed me to change the armament on the fly.

Now I am aware that this is not the most informative "how to" tutorials, but I didn't take any step by step pictures as I made this.  Maybe it's still usefull for someone who wants to magnetize their tanks.
And ofcourse feel free to ask if you have some questions.

ps: I actually didn't ever paint this thing. As I got into Warmachine/Hordes I ended up trading it away to someone who has more use for it than I do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment